We Make the Party Santa Barbara Style
We love music, and we love Santa Barbara. There's no place like the American Riviera to bring in the wedding festivities and celebrate your special day with friends and family. From ocean for miles to some of the most historical venues on the Coast, Santa Barbara is the ideal place for tying the knot.
As much as we love playing music in Santa Barbara, we absolutely adore what it can do for you -- elevate the entire mood of your event, bring people together, and just be the catalyst for an awesome blast.
Santa Barbara Wedding DJs has over 25 years of experience in the entertainment and music industries. Owned and operated by 3X Emmy-nominated TV host Scott Topper, our professionalism and know-how are unparalleled when it comes to taking care of absolutely everything you'll need in your wedding music and emcee services.
We love getting to know our clients and hitting just the right beats at their parties. Whether you know exactly what kind of music you want to hear or just want us to do our thing, we'll be thrilled to liven up your wedding with the incomparable joy that only music can bring.
So Let's Get Your Party Started. . .
Santa Barbara Style
Here's what you'll receive when you hire our Professional Wedding Emcee/DJ's
We are "Classy, upscale, and lots of FUN!"
DJ Music everyone can dance to from Classics to current Top-40 hits! We provide personalized music planning and coordination to make your event extra special.
We know how to read the crowd to get your party started on the dance floor!
Signature DJ Premium Package Includes:
- Scott Topper professional MC/DJ and 3 X TV Emmy nominee for up to 4 event hours (or more!)
- Over ten years Master of Ceremonies/Disc Jockey experience to read a crowd and pack a dance floor
- Personalized music planning and coordination with a signed, written contract
- Professional sound equipment for ceremony, cocktails, and dinner-toasts-dancing reception (Rane mixer, Denon 2600F) with 1 Shure SM-58 wireless mic, Officiant wireless lapel mic, wireless microphone on stand for ceremony readers and to exchange wedding vowels, 2 EON G-2 powered Speakers (up to 120 people), cables & stands
- Emergency back-up system at your event
- Property and commercial general liability insurance
- No additional fee for a 60 minute set up & sound check prior to your event start time
- Proper event attire (Tuxedo or Suit and Tie)
- An unlimited music selection with party motivation (your favorite titles, artists, activities)
- No extra charge for breakdown immediately after your event
- We welcome music requests that create energy, FUN, and lots of dance floor action
- Additional rentals available for Action Photo Booth, LED Up-lighting Indoor Walls or Outdoor Trees, moving dj dancefloor lighting, Market String Lights Indoor or Outdoor, Reception Video Montage Slideshow Projector, Slideshow Screen, Montage Powered Speaker, Sony Blu-ray Disc / DVD Player, Adjustable Laptop or Blu-ray/DVD Player Projector Stand, teak parquet dance floor, Rustic Vintage 1950 Ford F2 Farm Prop Truck for Vineyard Weddings to use as a bar/gifts/cake truck, or to DJ on the back, Drummer- DJ Percussionist to play along with LIVE DJ, Silent Disco Private Wireless Head Set DJ Dance Party, Karaoke DJ, Vintage Furniture-VintageRentalsUSA.com, 2nd DJ Cocktail or Ceremony Systems, QSC KSub Vegas Nightclub Chest-Thumping Low End Bass Sound Powered Subwoofer
Meet Our Team
Our Team is what sets us apart. Our passion for music and livening up events, combined with our extensive experience, makes us the area's most sought-after DJ company. Here's a bit about us:
Scott has been a professional emcee and DJ since 1992. He regularly performs at corporate and private events nationwide and he recently hosted the 70′s and 80′s “Way Back Weekend” radio show for Cumulus Broadcasting. Scott is a founding member of the LA musical improv comedy group “Troupe du Jour.” He also served as tour host of ABC Radio Network’s “American Top-40.” Scott’s emcee skills earned him three Emmy nominations as a show host for FOX TV’s “Topper’s Clubhouse.”
David has been a professional Emcee/DJ for the past decade. He has performed at hundreds of weddings and ceremonies in the Greater Los Angeles area including the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, Ventura County, Antelope Valley, and Santa Barbara County. David excels in playing a variety of music for both dancing and listening – from Swing to Sinatra, Motown to Classic Rock, R&B to 70′s Disco, Club Music to Big Band, Ballroom Dances to Jazz, Classical to Latin, Ethnic to Contemporary, and any other request. David specializes in providing tailoring music to each event. He has DJ’d at many Santa Barbara weddings in surrounding venues.
DJ Ben was born in Santa Barbara and graduated from Santa Maria High School. Ben is professional, friendly, and knows how to read a crowd and play selections that keep people on the dance floor. Ben loves the interaction with his clients and knowing that he plays an integral part in making their Wedding a big success.
Ben got his first radio dj gig while he was a senior in high school.He is married, has a dog and two cats, and his hobbies include vinyl record collecting and going to the movies!
Watch DJ Ben's Wedding DJ-Emcee Videos BELOW:
5.0 star review on YELP!
Jason Y. | Los Angeles, CA
"DJ Ben was awesome! Had a very last minute need for a DJ, Scott Topper and DJ Ben delivered...would highly recommend."
5.0 star review on YELP!
Jo K. | Goleta, CA
"We know Scott from other local events we have attended and so we asked him to DJ my 60th birthday bash this past Saturday. Scott has DJ Ben run the party and we enjoyed every minute of it! He was professional to work with and he really knew how to keep the crowd grooving. Everyone loved the music he was playing which was perfect, and it brought the wild side out of everyone at the party. Overall, DJ Ben definitely helped make this birthday a memorable one and I would hire him again for another major event. Thank you, Scott and DJ Ben!"
5.0 star review on WeddingWire
“My husband and I got married a year ago at the Fess Parker in Santa Barbara, and DJ Ben was our MC and DJ. He was wonderful! I'm sure we drove him nuts, because my husband and I both had crazy work schedules at the time, and weren't always as responsive as we should have been, but throughout the entire process he was patient, respectful, and genuinely excited for us. We asked for some obscure songs and had a few nontraditional aspects to our ceremony, but Ben was on top of it. Not only did he find everything we asked for, but he chose beautiful, complimentary choices for the times in between main events, and really seemed to understand my husband's and my style and aesthetic. We would definitely recommend Ben and would definitely choose him if we had to do it all over again. In all honesty, he was brilliant, professional, fun, and the best vendor we hired. He truly kept the timing of our wedding, and I am certain everything went as smoothly as it did because of him. Even our guests commented about what a great DJ & MC he was. Thank you, Ben!”
DJ Ben would love to be your Wedding MC-DJ!
Member of the following professional associations and trade groups: American Disc Jockey Association, International Live Events Association, Meeting Professionals International, Association of Bridal Consultants, Solvang Chamber of Commerce, Santa Barbara Event Professionals, American Federation TV & Radio Artists, and Screen Actors Guilds!
A&E Ryan Seacrest Productions - Montecito Ballroom, Aladdin Casino & Resort Las Vegas, Arup and Partners CA, Ltd., Association Film Commissioners International,Association of Bridal Consultants, AT&T, Ben-Q America, CA Mid-State Fair, Carnival Cruise Lines, CB Richard Ellis, Countrywide Home Loans, Cox Media and Communications, Cumulus Broadcasting, Delta Airlines, Derrick’s Bistro, Ford Californopia Tour, Goodwyn Production Group - Las Vegas, Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame Gala Party, Innovative Dining Group Los Angeles, John Daly, Inc. International, KPMG, KSBY TV-6 NBC, LA Philharmonic Music Matters, LA Valley College Patrons Association, MCI, Montecito Union School & YMCA, Muscular Dystrophy Association, My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, Nevada Film Office, Opera Santa Barbara,Paramount Pictures “Grease” Reunion Party, Saks Fifth Avenue, Santa Barbara Conference & Visitors Bureau & Film Commission, Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum, Santa Barbara Fair & Expo, Southern CA Chapter MPI, Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation, The Painted Turtle, Toyota Corporation, Tyra Banks Talk Show Launch Party, Unity Shop Santa Barbara, University of California Santa Barbara, Variety Magazine Oscar Contenders Party, Warner Music Group Grammy Awards - Katana LA, Wilderness Youth Project